How do I get verified on Instagram without being famous? This is the question our editorial team reads all the time.
Let me put it out right away. You don’t have to be famous toget verified on Instagram.
The Instagram official documentation does not require you to be famous to qualify for verification.
But it requires you to be Notable. And this is where the confusion comes in.
Let’s dive in!
Step One: Understand The Difference
To Get Verified On Instagram, You Have To Be Notable, Not Famous.
Let’s look at Instagram official documentation:
Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched-for person, brand, or entity.
We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don’t consider paid or sponsored media content as sources for review.
Step Two: Become Notable, Not Famous.
If you still struggle to understand how to become notable, here is the answer:
To become notable, and get verified on Instagram your name shall score headlines in the local, national and international news. The news features shall:
- Cover you and what you do. Episodical mentions will not be enough.
- Be sufficient in quantity and recent.
- Be not paid or sponsored content.
- Feature your name in the headline.
- Contain high qulality images of you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to be a celebrity to obtain the features? Absolutely no.
- Do I have to pay for the features? You don’t have to.
- How can I get the press features? We will cover it at the Bonus Step below.
Step Three: Avoid Ineligible News Sources
Please be aware that not every news source is eligible for Instagram.
You will not get verified on Instagram with a bunch of press releases. Or articles from low-quality mediums that publicly offer press features just to help you get verified on Instagram.
There is a line between being actually notable for Instagram. And imitating your notability. Instagram is aware of such sources and ads them to a black list.
Do not buy news on freelance resources. They will not work.
Bonus Step: Obtain Free Press and Get Verified On Instagram
You don’t have to spend money for eligible press coverage. In fact, you can get all the required press for free, following this step-by-step guide.
You don’t have to be famous to get verified on Instagram. You need to qualify notability criteria by obtaining a sufficient amount of press features about you and what you do.
Want to be featured without spending a dollar? Follow this step-by-step guide.
- How To Be Verified On Instagram With Minimum Followers - November 25, 2021
- How To Get A Blue Tick On Instagram The Right Way - November 25, 2021
- Instagram Verified Badge For Sale: Read This Before You Buy - November 22, 2021